One Stop has rolled out a new program this spring. Any student with a Pell Grant is eligible to apply for a laptop to help them succeed in their coursework.
Here is the information from One Stop:
Beginning spring 2020, Kirkwood is implementing a new program allowing Pell Grant recipients to apply for a free laptop to use for coursework. Students who are in need of a laptop who meet the following criteria are encouraged to apply:
- Be enrolled in at least 6 credit hours
- Be Pell eligible
- Have a satisfactory academic progress status
- Complete the web form application at www.kirkwood.edu/freelaptop
- Write an essay of up to 300 words that details your need for the computer and how it will benefit you academically at Kirkwood and beyond
- Applications are due by 11:59 p.m. on Friday, Jan. 31, 2020
If you have questions or concerns, please contact the Cedar Rapids One Stop at 319-398-7600 or the Iowa City One Stop at 319-887-3658.