Here is a collection of information of things on the Kirkwood Community College Campuses that you should know about!

You have to learn to speak the language of college, but you don’t have to start out knowing it. Check out these tips. Find a more in-depth list of college terms courtesy of the University of Georgia. Some of the things in the Georgia PDF are specific to that school, but the majority of the terms fit any college.

Experiment with a different browser to start the school year. It’s helpful to have more than one on your computer, especially when trouble shooting.

What’s Kirkwood’s Student Body like?

Check out some words of advice from the U.S. Department of Education.

Find some books here in our library to help you find your footing as a student or graduate.

Want some tools to hack college? Check out these websites.

Get hung up on certain words than/then, effect/affect, insure/assure/ensure? Get the run down here. (Scroll down past the ad.), And here whose/who’s.

Important Kirkwood Updates

This January Kirkwood’s Iowa Hall will close down for construction until Fall 2022. The library will have more seating to make up for meeting room/cafeteria space that won’t be available until after the remodeling is finished. Catch up on all the renovation news what’s closed, what’s open, and when at: https://www.kirkwood.edu/renovations

Lots of offices have moved, also. Whether they were in Iowa Hall or had to move to make room for somebody else. Here is the list:

A list of offices moving during construction

Also Eaglenet is basically no more –  find all that information on My Hub.


Be aware that the apartments surrounding Kirkwood are NOT part of the Kirkwood campus. Make sure to have your emergency contact for your building management. Ask for both the business hours and AFTER hours phone number in case something happens in the middle of the night or on weekends. If there is a safety issue, please call 911 or the Cedar Rapids police department.


Kirkwood has an app you should be sure to download. Find instructions on where to find it.


Learn more about it here.

To add a course, if the class has not met yet, students can call One Stop 319-398-7600.  For any class that has met, students will need to fill out a form. Get the form from the department of the class’ office and ask them about the particular class. For the first week you just need the instructor’s signature. The following week you also need the Dean’s.

Students may drop classes through Eaglenet until the last day set on the academic calendar each semester. To check for the important dates for any particular class double check here.

For Distance Learning classes in general check this page.

Add-Drop Tuition Swap

Kirkwood no longer gives a full refund to students who both drop a class and add a class in the second week of classes. This is sometimes called the second week “wash” or “tuition swap” – Kirkwood refunds 50% for all drops in the second week for 16-week classes.
Find full Refund Policy.


The Kirkwood Library Blog offers lists of interesting and helpful books. Each Fall we put out a new list of books that might be helpful to college students. Here’s this year’s list.


Don’t know who your adviser is? Log into My Hub, click on “Education” on the left hand column, look for the box on the right hand side labeled “My Advising” and click on “View My Advisers”. Note you have to click on the hyperlink at the bottom, just clicking anywhere in the box won’t work.

Set up an appointment to talk to them about your schedule and your overall path through your program. Contact the Advising and Transfer Center at 319-398-5540. Find answers to basic questions about class scheduling type issues here.

Alcohol and Drugs

Alcohol is never allowed on campus without special written permission. Check out our alcohol and drug policy.


Currently there is no ATM on the Cedar Rapids campus. The US Bank location is also closed. On the Iowa City campus there is ATM available next to the One Stop Office.

Board Policies

Find a full list of Kirkwood Community College Board Policies. Here are the ones that are student specific board policies.

Book List

Find a list of your list of textbooks you need for all your classes.

To find your list of textbooks:
1. Go to http://www.kirkwood.edu/booklist
2. It will pop up with a screen asking you to log in with your k-number and password
3. This will generate a list for all your classes. They are very brief entries but will give you an abbreviated title, ISBN, and which class it’s for.

Book Club

Share your love of books and reading with other student readers. Read what you like. Share your thoughts. Make and take reading recommendations. Each semester we will decide on additional activities and determine if we want to focus on any reading themes. Contact club adviser Julie Petersen, julie.petersen@kirkwood.edu.

Book Return – Library

On the Cedar Rapids campus you can return books you’ve checked out in the drop at the circulation desk, the slot right outside the library doors, and the outside bookdrop. You can find the outside bookdrop right here.

At the Iowa City branch return books at the desk and in the library book return box (a large black box) across from the library doors. There is also a book return box available in the parking lot.

You can return books at the office at any of the centers.

Books and Articles The Library Doesn’t Own

The library doesn’t collect textbooks (scroll to textbooks below), but for any other type of book we’ll be glad to try to help you get a copy either by buying it or by borrowing a copy from another library. This is also true for articles we don’t have in full text. Borrowing from another library is called InterLibrary Loan.

Bus Passes for Free

A partnership between the Cedar Rapids Transit System and Kirkwood will allow all students to ride any of the Cedar Rapids bus routes for free. Previously a sticker was required, but it no longer is.

If you’re waiting for a Cedar Rapids bus and wonder where it’s at, simply go to Ridecrt.com. Through an interactive map, click on the route number and an arrow will show exactly which street or intersection your bus is at and watch an arrow representing the bus as it moves along down the street. Remember the routes that come to Kirkwood are 7 and 7a.

Here is the map and the route schedule. The routes in use are the ones established July 1, 2017. They haven’t changed this year.


Find the calendars with important dates, which days school will be closed, and final exam schedule here:

Campus Health Replacement/Medical Help

The previous campus health department is now closed. Previous services such as the food bank and other basic needs give aways are now located in 2092 Cedar Hall during the renovations. Contact Mialisa Wright for more information: 319-398-5540.

Mercy has a clinic next to the Kirkwood Hotel and the Kirkwood administration is working to maintain Kirkwood’s support for student health. MercyCare Prairie Creek is located across from campus, just east of The Hotel at Kirkwood Center at 777 76th Avenue Drive SW. They take walk-ins, but what they mean by walk-in is if they have an available slot they will fit you in when they can. They don’t promise to have a slot available. Be prepared to wait. They recommend calling ahead of time 319-558-0355 or using their schedule page to set up a specific time before you go. They do NOT function as an emergency room. This lists the nearest Emergency Rooms.

Find out more about student health at https://www.kirkwood.edu/studenthealth

Campus Map

The updated the campus map is now available.

Campus Safety/ Security

Find information about how to stay safe on campus, safety related policies (and doing what can get you into trouble, and the yearly statistics. For more on what Security can do for you, scroll down to Security below.

Car Service

For only $8 let Automotive Technology perform a full vehicle inspection. They will inspect the condition of the brakes, belts, fluids, and test the battery. They also do oil changes (vary depending on type of oil and capacity – ranges from $30 and up), and basic maintenance. It is open to anyone with a vehicle that is not European and no older than 8 years. The service is available on Mondays and Wednesdays, from October to May, by appointment only. We ask that vehicles are dropped off at 8:00am and should be ready to be picked up between 3:00pm and 4:00pm. Schedule an appointment by calling (319) 398-5479 or e-mailing Jennifer.pratt@kirkwood.edu. They are now located at KCETC – 101 50th Ave SW facing Kirkwood Blvd.

Car Troubles

For some car troubles you can ask security for help, for others they can loan you equipment and give advice. Learn more here:
Contact security by calling (319) 398-5561 from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday or calling (319) 389-1774 after hours and on weekends.

Career Services

The Career Services department offers a variety of free resources to assist with job seeking and the career/major exploration process.  Individual appointments are available to students, alumni, and community members.  For help with résumé building, interview coaching, learning about career paths and majors, and much more please visit http://www.kirkwood.edu/careerservices.

Class Schedule Problems – Scroll to Adviser above


Kirkwood Community College supports a wide range of interests with more than 80 clubs registered with Student Life. Check out the list: http://www.kirkwood.edu/clubs

Scroll up to Book Club

Color Printing

Find out about color printing on all campuses in this blog post:

Scroll down to Printing and Print Quota for more printing information.

Computer Lab in Cedar Rapids— 131 Nielsen Hall

The Allsop Computer lab in 131 Nielsen Hall is the main lab on the Cedar Rapids campus. It houses 105 PCs and 4 iMacs, two copier/printers plus two scanners, a color printer and a regular printer. All programs needed for classes are offered on the Allsop computer lab computers, but not every computer has every program, ask at the help desk if you need a specific program so they can direct you to the correct computers. No classes or labs are scheduled in the quiet study areas. The walk-in lab is meant for students doing research and homework. Students are required to swipe their Eagle card upon entering/exiting the computer labs. No food or drinks are allowed in the computer labs. Computer lab hours are from Monday to Friday and are subject to change during inclement weather. The same policies and guidelines apply as in the computer classrooms.

Computer Lab in Iowa City

The Iowa City computer lab is part of the library.

Confidential Counseling Services – It’s FREE

Life can be overwhelming. Roommate issues? Relationship issues? Class/test concerns? Personal issues?  You don’t have to face it alone. Help is right here on campus.  Counselors are available in 2092 Cedar Hall, Mon. – Fri., 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Contact us at 319-398-5540 or visit www.kirkwood.edu/counseling to learn more.

Cost Per Class

The cost per class is actually figured out by credit hour. Find more information:

Crisis Help

Contacts for Counseling



Your permanent EagleCard is your official Kirkwood Community College identification. Get it after you register for credit classes. Your Eaglecard is also your LIBRARY CARD. Carry it with you at all times while you are on campus and you’ll avoid a lot of headaches with different departments and you’ll get all of your student benefits. (Library Note: We have some items, such as the laptops, that we only check out if you have your physical card in hand.)

Present a government-issued photo ID (driver’s license, passport, etc) at one of these locations:

  • EagleCard office (Nielsen Hall – Room 131 which is within the Allsop Computer Lab) Phone 319-398-5411, ext. 5680
  • Kirkwood Rec Center (main campus)
  • Iowa City Campus Bookstore
  • Any county center office

The EagleCard Office is inside the Allsop Computer Lab and is open the same hours.


EagleCash is money that you put on your EagleCard that you can use in various places around campus rather than carry cash.


EagleNet was Kirkwood’s student information services portal. It still has a few things, but for most information and functions you should now go to MyHub.


Students can fax for free at the Cedar Rapids Kirkwood library. Ask at the Circulation desk.

Finance Department for Employees

The Finance Department manages general Kirkwood Community College business including, but not limited to, departmental deposits, Pcard pick up,and payment or reimbursement requests. The Finance office is located at The Kirkwood Center, south of The Hotel at Kirkwood.

DIRECTIONS: From Kirkwood Boulevard, use the parking lot south of 76th Ave. (opposite side of The Hotel). Enter the doors to The Kirkwood Center Atrium. Finance is located on the other side of the reception area. For specific questions, please contact at ext. 5555.

Full Time Student Load

You must take 12 or more credits each semester to be considered a full-time student. Anything less than 12 credit hours is considered part-time, except during the summer semester when 9 credit hours is full-time. You are considered a full time student if you take the full load both fall and spring semester, taking classes during the summer is optional, but if you do take them you have to take 9 hours to maintain your full-time status.

Get Published

Faculty, staff and students can submit both writing and artwork to the Kirkwood publication, The Cedar Divide.

GPA – See Grades below


You should be able to find your grades in the class list on My Hub under GPA calculator.  Find the GPA calculator by logging into My Hub, going under “Student Links,” click the “Show All” button, click on “My Courses,” and the GPA will show.

However, if you have trouble finding it go to http://selfservice.kirkwood.edu, log in with your k-number and password and find your grades on your unofficial transcript listed there.


You can request a hotspot from the college based on financial need


Check out these cookbooks in library aimed at college students.

Due to the Iowa Hall remodel currently there is only one cafe location on campus it’s in the lobby area of Linn Hall. Their normal hours are Monday-Thursday 7:30am-6:00pm and Friday 7:30am-2pm.

They are mostly cold items (sandwiches, salads, etc.), but on Tuesday and Thursday they have hot food from 10:45am-1:30pm or until they run out. They do one main dish every time on a schedule. It’s $7 for the meal plus water or pop (not fountain). If there is a big demand it might expand to more days. There is also a limited selection available at the Kirkwood bookstore of cold items, etc. There are also vending machines around campus with a variety of snacks and beverages.

International Students/Global Learning

Find all of the information you need regarding international student support services at www.kirkwood.edu/international.  Scroll to the bottom of that page to find the International Events Calendar.  Join in any of the activities or stop by the Global Learning Office in Linn Hall 1154 for any additional information.

Internet Guidelines

Taken from The Policy for Responsible Use of Information Technology, Kirkwood Community College

  • Accessing the internet is a privilege granted for the primary purpose of conducting research, completing class assignments, and gaining familiarity with evolving electronic communications.
  • Users shall not send offensive, threatening, abusive, obscene, or other such messages to anyone who may be using the system.
  • Users shall not use Kirkwood’s computing resources to copy, generate, or transmit obscene files publicly accessible.
  • Each user will be financially responsible for any unauthorized commitments made through internet.
  • Users must follow the guidelines as outlined in the AA/EEO policy on Hostile Environments including the viewing and/or printing of any material considered to be offensive or obscene.
  • Users shall not engage in invasion of privacy, unauthorized access, violation of copyright laws or any other activity prohibited by these guidelines or by law.
  • Access to the internet may be denied or revoked at any time.

Kirk Alerts

Sign up for Kirk Alerts to get the latest information about college kirkwoodlibrary.wordpress.com/…/sign-up-for-kirk-alert-updated cancellations, delays, and closures. They can be delivered to you across multiple platforms of your choice. All clears are usually not issued.

Lactation Room

Kirkwood supports new mothers with designated lactation rooms. The ones in Cedar Rapids are in Cedar Hall Room 226, Linn Hall Room 2104, and KLIFE (Continuing Ed Building/Lifelong Learning) Room-404. Sign-up sheets are available in the room. If you have questions, please contact Human Resources.

The lactation room in Iowa City is located by the One Stop Office, Iowa City Room – 125C. There is also one at the Linn Regional Center, Room 306.

Late Registration Policy

The last day to register on EagleNet for a class is the day before it starts. Once a class starts, you’ll need faculty and possibly dean signatures to add it. If you have any doubts or questions about your schedule, don’t wait to talk to your adviser – make an appointment today! If an instructor signs a Late Registration form to let you into their class, your next stop is not One Stop. It’s the department office staff, who will process the form. Scroll up to Add-Drop for more information.

Don’t know who your adviser is? Scroll up to Advisers above.

Library Textbook Policy

The library policy is to NOT purchase textbooks. This is because given the wide range of titles used by different instructors even within a single class, the cost would be prohibitive to provide them all. If any instructor or the department wants to loan us a copy of the textbook they use, we will be glad to put it on reserve. Textbooks are on reserve for use within the library, but photocopies can be made. Feel free to ask your instructor if they haven’t yet put a copy on reserve.

Lost and Found – Now in the security office, Room 126B Facility Building (5C on the campus map). Scroll to security below.

Map – Scroll up to campus map

Microsoft Office

Do you know that as a Kirkwood student you’re entitled to a free download of Microsoft 365? This is a stripped down version of Office, but should work for any assignment you get a Kirkwood. Follow the step by step directions. Particularly note the form they want for the e-mail.

As part of your student e-mail account you have access to the cloud based version of Microsoft Office and One Drive. Ask at the reference Desk for help.


MyHub is the replacement for Eaglenet. It’s still in flux so what’s available and where it’s located on the page will probably change. Ask for help at the student help desk, 398-7624 if you’re having trouble finding something.

New Student Orientation

Orientation is mandatory for all new students and is offered on several dates prior to the start of the term. During orientation, you’ll work with academic advisers, current students and professional staff members to get ready for your transition to Kirkwood Community College. At orientation students will:

  • meet with academic advisers to learn about your core classes, degree requirements in programs you’re considering and course selections for the semester
  • talk with Kirkwood faculty members about academic expectations learn about student involvement, financial aid, campus technology, community expectations, and other aspects of the social and academic environment at Kirkwood
  • meet and get to know other new students
  • receive your EagleCard (student ID)
  • register for classes.

For more information go to www.kirkwood.edu/orientation.

New Stuff 

Want to be notified when the library gets something new? Sign up or check back at the link.

Notebook and Graph Paper

Sometimes classes will require special paper (printed with a particular design) for assignments. Notebook paper and regular graph paper are the most common of these. You can buy a package at the Bookstore or other retailer, but if you just need a page or two or something really custom you can print your own.

Notary Public 

A notary is sometimes needed for legal documents confirming you’ve proved you are who you say you are. Notaries are available around campus. Contact Human Resources for a current list. (Staff members can access this list under KIN.)

Old Class Descriptions

If you need an old class description to show someone to see whether they would be willing to accept a class or not for some purpose, find it here:

One Stop

The One Stop office manages general student business including, but not limited to, financial aid status, graduation inquiries, transcript requests, course or enrollment verification, diploma ordering or information on deferment. The One Stop office is located at Kirkwood Hall 2nd floor. It has NOT moved with the remodel.

    DIRECTIONS: Driving from Kirkwood Boulevard, enter the south entrance to campus and take the first left. Drive toward the buildings and Kirkwood Hall, which is to the north of the parking lots. Walk to Kirkwood Hall. There is a door right under where the joins Kirkwood Hall. The One Stop office is on the second floor, the first office on the right. For specific questions, please contact the One Stop office at 319-398-7600. Be aware at the beginning of the semester the call volume means there are often long waits before they can take your call.

Parking Permits and Parking and Traffic Tickets

Students are NOT required to get parking permits to park on Kirkwood lots, but ARE required to follow basic parking rules such as parking in designated areas only. If you get a Kirkwood parking ticket, pay at the Cashier’s Office in One Stop.

Breaking city laws, for example parking in handicap spots without a handicap permit, can get you a regular parking ticket from the city where regular fines apply.

Password Reset

Access this self-service web page to establish or change your K-number password. For more information. You can log on to change your password from any machine that you don’t have to use your Kirkwood ID to log on or off campus.


Plagiarism, claiming someone else’s work as your own by failure to cite a source or outright copying, is a major violation of Kirkwood Community College policies. Students who plagiarize will face disciplinary action.

Unsure what exactly plagiarism is and how to avoid it? Check out this short post from MLA that walks you through it.

Prayer/Reflection Room

There will be a prayer/reflection room available from 12pm – 2pm Monday – Friday, Room 3043 Cedar Hall. This service is available to all students. You may visit the International Programs office 1154 Linn Hall on the Cedar Rapids Main campus if you have any questions. This will be the room from now through the rest of the semester.

Printing and Student Print Quota

There are various places around campus where students can print. The two main ones are the library and the computer lab at both campuses. (In Iowa City they are now in the same room.) Both have black and white and color printers. Scroll up to Color Printing for details.

Registered students are given a $36 print/copy ration of play money per semester.  This is a way to ration printing and is NOT real money either from the college or from any fee students pay. It could as easily be known as points or coupons, etc. As students print or copy, 5 cents will be deducted for each black and white page, and 10 cents will be deducted for each color page. Access this page to check your current balance.

AGAIN this is NOT from any real money fee or any money payment made by either the student or the college. NO charge for $36 was added to your tuition bill. NO unused portion of the ration will be given to you as cash. You can NOT spend it anywhere on campus for anything other than copies or prints.

The balance means balance like a checkbook or savings account, not balance like a credit card. Meaning it isn’t saying that you owe money when it shows a balance, it’s showing what you have to use yet.

Most students don’t use their entire ration during a semester. If you haven’t used all of yours it will be carried forward to the next semester. At the end of the summer everyone’s balance is wiped out and you start again with $36, but don’t worry about that, remember that it isn’t real money.

If you use all $36 during the semester and need more, you CAN put real money on the card and that won’t disappear at the reset. However, it is not refundable. Check out this site find out your current balance, add real money to your account (which will never vanish, like the play money ration does), or to dispute a print charge. It’s easy to remember the website it’s the Kirkwood address plus print, so http://www.kirkwood.edu/print but not that easy to find a link to on the Kirkwood page.

As a student when you print documents, you will see a pop-up that will inform you of the cost of that print job and the remaining balance. Click OK to confirm that you want to print. If a student sends a job to the printer that is more than 24 pages,  an additional dialogue box pops up asking them to confirm that they want to print that many pages.

Recreation Center – Located on campus, the recreation center has exercise equipment and an indoor track for your workout. They also run exercise classes. Click fitness classes for the current list. Find out hours, location, and all they have to offer on their website. It’s open to Kirkwood employees and all for credit students.

Reserve Non-Library Group Room – There is a conference room with glass walls across from Tutoring Services. CH 2079 can seat 10. No food or drink is allowed. They have white boards and should have erasers and markers. If the markers have disappeared ask at the Learning Services Office, CH 2063. The room is sometimes reserved for classes the schedule list is posted on the window. If students want to reserve the room you can e-mail Nic Jones at nic.jones@kirkwood.edu. It can be reserved the day of use. The library group study rooms have to be reserved a day in advance or you can use them on a first come, first served basis. During the build up to finals the Cedar Rapids library also reserves a couple of extra classrooms which are available on a first come first served basis, check at the reference desk for room numbers which can change during the day.

Restrooms, Single Occupancy – There are single occupancy restrooms across campus. On the main campus in Cedar Rapids find them at Mansfield Center 3rd Floor Restrooms (across from  the foundation office) Rooms 305 and 309, Benton Hall 3rd Floor Rooms 325 and 326, and Bookstore 1st Floor Rooms 112 and 113. They are also available on the Iowa City campus – Room  125B and Linn Regional Center- South Side (next to KTOS) Rooms 803 and 805.

Resume – Scroll up to Career Services


Want to get off on the right foot with your roommate? Here are some suggestions. having trouble settling in with your roommate? Scroll up to Confidential Counseling Services above.


Students can access the screenings online here:   http://screening.mentalhealthscreening.org/kirkwoodcommunitycollege

Do you need help? Check in with Counseling Services!


Contact security by calling (319) 398-5561 from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday or calling (319) 389-1774 after hours and on weekends. You can make an informal complaint and you DO NOT have to put your name on a silent witness report. Get more information on the array of services they offer.

Due to construction they’ve been moved out of Iowa Hall and now are in the Facilities and Public Safety building which is just north of the tennis courts on the road leading to the Rec Center from the roundabout.

Student Code of Conduct

Specific rules and regulations Kirkwood students are required to follow and the possible consequences for violation.

Student Email

The Kirkwood student email system is the primary tool for official communication from the college. All current Kirkwood students are expected to have a k# (college ID) and a student email account. Important information from your department, as well as notifications from advising, enrollment and financial aid, will NOT be sent via postal mail or to a personal e-mail address, but will be sent to your student e-mail.

Upon registration for at least one credit class, students will be provided a student email account.
Find the IT FAQs for Student email:

The format of your Kirkwood student email address is:
(Example: jane-smith@student.kirkwood.edu)

If your first and last name are being used already, a number will be added to your email address to make it unique.

Alternative some Kirkwood programs will require you to use your k number for the first part:
(Example k0123456@student.kirkwood.edu)
BOTH addresses take you to the same account.

Upon graduation or transfer to another institution, student email accounts are deactivated (the following August 31st). Any saved documents and/or emails will not be accessible after that date.

As part of your student e-mail account you have access to the cloud based version of Microsoft Office and One Drive. Ask at the reference Desk for help.

Student Handbook

The full set of rules to live by and other useful information is available online.

Student Help Desk (for computer questions)

The Student Help Desk is ready to help you with your basic tech questions. Conveniently located in the Allsop Computer Lab – 131 Nielsen Hall. Call them at 319-398-7624 or 1-800-634-6581. Among the IT services are: Log-In Issues, Campus Wireless, EagleCash, EagleNet, Talon, Passwords, Print Quota, and Student e-mail. Contact them directly for questions about any of these and start with them for other basic computer issues. Find their FAQ sheet linked here:

If it’s a Talon question that isn’t related to individual page set up, they will likely refer you to the general Talon help service. Scroll to Talon information below.

Student Newsletter

Kirkwood Community College has a student newsletter called Updates. Check it out to find out all the news around campus!

Student Print Quota – Scroll up to Printing and Print Quota

Study Abroad

YOU can study Abroad.  Kirkwood offers over 15 different short-term study abroad programs each year and there are programs for everyone.  The programs and applications are found here at https://kirkwood.studioabroad.com  You are also welcome to stop by Linn Hall 1154 to speak with a Study Abroad Adviser if you have any questions.  Scholarships for study abroad are available.


Talon is a suite of online tools that facilitate online classes. Instructors in face-to-face courses often deliver materials and extend your learning with Talon. Most online courses operate fully within Talon or at least use it as a frame or portal to get you to the materials you need and to turn in assignments.

If your instructor told you to use or find something and you don’t know where it is (a handout, an article, a place to turn something in), check your Talon page for that class first.

Often the first thing we suggest for people having Talon problems is to try a different browser, like Firefox or Chrome. You can check with the student help desk, but you may be directed to the help line through Talon which is available 24/7 at 1-877-478-7074. If you have questions about coursework, contact your instructor.

Textbooks –Scroll up to Book List of Textbooks to find out which books you’ll need and to Library Textbook Policy for information about what’s available in the library.

Tutoring – It’s FREE!
Free tutoring is available to every student taking a class for credit. Stop by 2071 Cedar Hall or call 319-398-5425 to speak to someone in Learning Services.


Tuition cost is set per credit hour, but varies by Iowa resident, non-resident, and international categories.

Vending Machine Issues

If a vending machine takes your money or if you have another vending machine issue, in Cedar Rapids report to Student Life in Benton Hall across the hall by the bookstore. In Iowa City report it at the One Stop office. Find out more about the vending machines by the Cedar Rapids Kirkwood library here and the rest of them on campus by checking with Student Life.


Be sure to check out all the resources on the Cedar Rapids campus including the Veterans Lounge.

Veterans in Iowa City are eligible for all benefits but they do not have a lounge.


Free WiFi is available inside of every Kirkwood building.

Withdrawn From Class By Instructor

If you have a  Deregistration or Administrative Withdraw from a class for non-attendance, here’s what you do.

Work Study

To get work study position around campus, start at One Stop and make sure you qualify for Work Study. Then you can apply for specific jobs currently open around campus.

UPDATED: February 14, 2020

Sarah Uthoff is a reference library at Kirkwood Community College. LIKE the Kirkwood Community College Library on Facebook and find links to Sarah all over the web at her About Me Profile.