In honor of National Library Week we just went live with a timeline history of the Kirkwood Community College Library Services. Take a look!
What changes has the library had while you’ve been at Kirkwood? Check back for updates!
2015 – Started Twitter Account and blog based newsletter
- Library starts annual faculty survey
- Library adds Kanopy (a video streaming database) and the literature module of the JSTOR database
2016 – Library provides access to four ebook databases – (EBSCOhost ebooks, Gale Virtual Reference, Encyclopedia Britannica, DSM-5)
- The library develops a unit on plagiarism to drop in Talon
- Library starts offering a Print From Your Own Device printing station
- Library adds Films on Demand as a second video streaming database
- The Cedar Rapids library is open 84 hours a week
- The library hold 44,185 volumes
2017 – After a change with the State Library contract, the library adds the Gale suite of databases.
2018 – The library purchases Credo information literacy lessons to work with Talon.
- Library spearheads a second student feedback survey
- Cedar Rapids library gets a stuffed baby eagle to become the library mascot