Welcome to National Library Week!
This is the week to stop by and thank your friendly neighborhood librarians!
This week (April 8-12) we’ll be celebrating during activity hour at the Cedar Rapids Campus:
- Tuesday – Cookies
- Thursday – Therapy Dogs
Recently we did surveys of faculty. We aren’t ready with a full report, but in honor of National Library Week, we thought we’d share some of the things you said. Thank-you! Here is last year’s list.
And remember that you can always let us know whether you have a complement, a question, a criticism, or a suggestion. We want to hear it!
- “I really appreciate the librarians’ willingness to come to my classroom. It really helps when they can make that personal connection with students.”
- “Great work!”
- “More presentations by library staff. They’re really helpful to students.”
- “Need more librarians.”
- “I really appreciate our library staff and the job they do.”
- “Thanks for all the ILL books! They’re wonderful!”
- “You provide a great service for our students.”
- “Keep up the good work.”
- “Our library is wonderful — the staff is amazing and always has a “can-do” attitude. I love coming to you with my students or if I need assistance. Thank you for responding to our need for more recent memoirs to use for the College Reading and Effective Reading classes. I love that we can come to you and you’ll do what you can to help with that!”
- “We’re all pretty happy with the library staff and resources from what I can tell from my fellow faculty.”
- “[No suggestions]other than it is a resource that I’ll begin requiring to be used…It is underutilized.”
- “Keep up the good work! I know you do a lot for our students.”