, , , ,

Every year the West Des Moines Public Library does an awesome job putting together a resource on where to find all the information you need about tax forms for both federal and Iowa taxes. The only things that are really different here at Kirkwood is we do NOT carry ANY paper tax forms and do NOT keep masters at either Kirkwood library branch.

If you have a tax form you need from Kirkwood, it will be available on Eaglenet, but before it will show up you’ll have to fill out the consent form saying you agree to them making it available electronically. If you don’t electronically give consent via Eaglenet the tax form will be mailed to you as a paper copy.


General Tax Forms, Iowa and Federal

Find links for Iowa and Federal forms, addresses, etc. here (updated Jan. 2018):

NOTE: Due to Congress changing tax law so close to the deadline not all forms might be available right away. If what you need isn’t shown, check back soon.

Or in PDF form here:


  • The Iowa Department of Revenue has done away with the Iowa Short Form. Both individual tax payers and corporations now have to use what was previously referred to as the long form.
  • Direct deposit is no long available for refunds if you file Iowa state paper tax returns. They ARE available if you file electronically.

Other tips and helpful information for filing Iowa taxes:

Also, check the definitions of these basic tax terms:



Kirkwood Accounting student volunteers will again be assisting students, staff, faculty and the community with tax preparation. Assistance will be given for 2017 federal and Iowa tax returns to qualified taxpayers. This is a free service sponsored by the IRS and Kirkwood. Appointments are required. Email VITA@kirkwood.edu or leave a voice message at ext. 4521.

Kirkwood VITA does NOT complete complicated returns that include self-employment income, extensive tax credits, stock sales, non-resident returns or other tax issues that require major documentation or tax research.

Income Tax Forms for F1 Visa Students

All non-resident F1 visa holders are required to file both 1040NR and the 8843 forms. Even if you did not earn any wages, these forms still must be completed. Click on https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f1040nr.pdf and https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f8843.pdf  to download and print the forms.

Sarah Uthoff is a reference library at Kirkwood Community College. LIKE the Kirkwood Community College Library on Facebook and find links to Sarah all over the web at her About Me Profile.