Do you know that you can borrow books and articles that the Kirkwood library doesn’t actually own? We can borrow it from another library and then loan it to you. This service is call InterLibrary Loan. This past semester our system changed so now it’s a little different in how you request it.
- Find a book or article in the library catalog that we don’t own. To include items not owned by Kirkwood in the results, check Libraries Worldwide in the box on the left titled Library or if your first search doesn’t bring up any hits click on the words libraries worldwide in the yellow box that pops up to expand your search beyond Kirkwood.
- Click on a title to bring up the full record. This will include a list of the libraries that own it and a blue button that says “Request This.” If you are off-campus you’ll have to log in at this point with your k-number and password.
- Fill out the form at the bottom of the record. Only the blanks with the red stars are required. Be sure to choose the library or regional center where you want to pick it up.
- Click submit.
- You will be contacted when your item comes in.
- You need to fill out the form for each individual item.
- Articles can also be requested straight from our databases. Look for a request this button. If you’re having trouble finding the request this button for a specific database, chat into the library from our homepage.
- If you log into to your Library Account with your k-number and password, it will show you the status of your requests and when anything you have out is due and when it comes in so you can pick it up. We will always contact you via e-mail or phone when a requested item comes in. There may be a delay of up to 20 minutes before a request you make shows in your account.
Remember the Faculty Survey we posted in the spring? Check out the results.
Links to Some of The Books Recently Added to the Collection:
Our Special Display This Month
For Halloween we had a special paranormal/true crime display up.
In December look for a popular book display.
EVENT – National Information Literacy Awareness Month
Once again Kirkwood Library Services took the month of October to share some extra bits of information literacy.
We posted a list of books to help you learn more.
EVENT – SPECIAL HOURS
Watch for our special longer hours the week before and the week of Finals. During finals week watch for coffee, etc. at both library locations.
Here in Cedar Rapids also have reserved an extra classroom for student use when our study rooms get full. Check the sign or ask at the reference desk.
Want a Specialized LibGuide for an assignment to help your students find stuff?
Want to schedule time in the library or for us to come into your class?
What if the library doesn’t have a book you want?
And remember you contact us at the library any time by phone, e-mail, chat, or stop on by! We’re always glad to see you! Look for the next issue of our newsletter. And remember you contact us at the library any time by phone, e-mail, chat, or stop on by! We’re always glad to see you! Look for the next issue of our newsletter.