You asked and we answered! As a result of the faculty and student surveys the library did last year, we will now be reserving three of the six group study rooms on the second floor of the main campus library.
Beginning October 15th, students, faculty and staff can go to this website: http://libcal.kirkwood.edu/booking/rooms or click on the library homepage link to make reservations. Two of these rooms (BH 251 and 257) will accommodate up to six people, while the third (BH 258) will accommodate four. Study rooms can be booked beginning at 8 AM Monday through Friday, and ending at 8:50 PM during the week and 4:30 PM on Fridays. (For your convenience, time slots will match Kirkwood’s class times.) Currently, there will be no reservations on the weekends or from 8:50 – 11 PM Monday through Thursday.
Here are a few other rules to keep in mind:
- There must be at least two people to reserve a room.
- You must use your Kirkwood email to reserve a room as an email confirmation will be sent. Please use this email to change or cancel a booking.
- Reservations can be made up to four weeks in advance.
- Multiple reservations can be made, but only two consecutive hours are allowed.
- Bookings can be made up to 8AM of the day you are reserving, but no later.
- If a group does not show up within ten minutes of their scheduled time, the reservation will be cancelled.
Of course, there will still be three study rooms available on a first come, first served basis and you are always welcome to use any room that has not been booked or whose occupants fail to show up within the allotted time.
Any questions? Be sure to contact your friendly librarian at the reference desk.