, , , ,

Every year the West Des Moines Public Library does an awesome job putting together a resource on where to find all the information you need about tax forms for both federal and Iowa taxes. The only things that are really different here at Kirkwood is we do NOT carry ANY paper tax forms at either Kirkwood library branch. Also if you have a tax form you need from Kirkwood, it will be available on Eaglenet, but before it will show up you’ll have to fill out the consent form saying you agree to them making it available electronically. If you don’t the form will be mailed to you as a paper copy.


General Tax Forms, Iowa and Federal

Find links for forms, addresses, etc. here (updated for 2016):

Or in PDF form here:

Remember two years ago the Iowa Department of Revenue did away with the Iowa Short Form. Both individual tax payers and corporations now have to use what was previously referred to as the long form. On the plus side this makes it more likely that you’ll be able to e-file for free.

Also, check the definitions of these tax terms:



The Kirkwood Volunteer Income Tax Assistance site will be open Thursdays 4-7 p.m. and Fridays 10:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m., from February 4 through April 15. Request an appointment at VITA@kirkwood.edu. Find them in Nielsen Hall room 119.

Income Tax Forms for F1 Visa Students

All non-resident F1 visa holders are required to file both 1040NR and the 8843 forms. Even if you did not earn any wages, these forms still must be completed. Click on http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f1040nr.pdf and http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f8843.pdf  to download and print the forms. If you should have any questions, please stop by Room 119 NH, for any assistance regarding these forms.

Sarah Uthoff is a reference library at Kirkwood Community College. LIKE the Kirkwood Community College Library on Facebook and find links to Sarah all over the web at her About Me Profile.