One of the really useful series we have here at Kirkwood is Culture Smart! Each book in the series covers one country in a compact form. Each one includes: local customs and traditions, history, religion, politics, home life, work, play, food and drink, business practices, communication, and dos and don’ts to fit in to the culture. Even if you don’t plan on traveling to the country, these books are also very useful for researching a foreign country or to help you understand someone from there. We have a large selection of these titles so feel free to check for a particular country or to browse, but we just got in a group of brand new ones from the series which I’ve listed below to give you an idea of the span of countries. These titles are housed in Cedar Rapids, but you can request them to be delivered to any of the other centers at any time.
- Call Number: 395.52 A 161g Title: Georgia Author: Natia Abramia
- Call Number: 395.52 F728p Title: Peru Authors: John Forrest and Julia Porturas
- Call Number: 395.52 H 679c Title: Korea Author: James Hoare
- Call Number: 395.52 K88c Title: Costa Rica Author: Jane Koutnik
- Call Number: 395.52 M179v Title: Venezuela Author: Russell Maddicks
- Call Number: 395.52 Z82s Title: Serbia Author: Lara Zmukic