With the new wind turbine aka the really big windmill on campus being newly operational you may be interested in learning more. The Cedar Rapids campus library has just added some new books about wind energy. Stop by and pick up one of these books or request them to be sent to any one of the centers.
- Call Number: 333.92 M987w Title: Wind Power Author: Peter Musgrove
- Call Number: 621.45 C541w Title: Wind Power Basics Author: Dan Chiras
- Call Number: 621.45 C541p Title: Power from the Wind: A Practical Guide Author: Dan Chiras
- Call Number: 621.45 G514w 2009 Title: Wind Energy Basics: A Guide to Home- and Community-Scale Wind Energy Systems Author: Paul Gipe
- Call Number: 621.45 J25w Title: Wind Energy Engineering Author: Pramod Jain
- Call Number: 621.45 M295w Title: Wind Energy Explained: Theory, Design and Application Author: J.F. Manwell, J.G. McGowan, and A.L. Rogers
- Call Number: 621.45 S539b Title: Build Your Own Small Wind Power System Author: Kevin Shea and Brian Clark Howard
You might also be interested in a little background information:
Press Release and photo of Kirkwood’s Wind Turbine
Giant Windmills – basic information and photo of wind turbine field from my personal blog
Photos of Kirkwood Community College’s Environmental Committee touring a factory that makes wind turbines
UPDATE: Footage from a helmet camera on the campus wind turbine has been added to Kirkwood’s YouTube page.
The Wind Turbine was commissioned on February 15, 2012. For the month of February it ran for 10 days and we averaged $1,595 a day in revenue.
By Sarah S. Uthoff, Reference Librarian